9 November 2011
I decided that every week was too often to do the midweek miscellany because 1) it becomes every other post on here and 2) it becomes a chore. Joy the Baker actually just gave some great blog tips and reinforced the idea that I should enjoy writing and not do it out of obligation. With that in mind, here’s this edition of my biweekly random ramblings [ok, most everything I post is me rambling about something random, but these are exceptionally so]:
- I love space things. When I was little, I was enthralled by the space discussions in science class & The Magic School Bus where Ms. Frizzle takes them to all the planets–umm, you know that’s the best thing ever. I don’t know if I could ever actually go up into space. It would be awesome but terrifying. I would LOVE to go in a zero gravity vacuum though; if only to drink water like this.
- The Jetsons was such a cool show too because it took place in space and the future [way better than The Flintstones even though I love dinos]! It’s so fun to think about the future and what sort of technology we’ll have developed. I mean, we already have heart beating pillows, next thing we know, Furbywill be having it out with Siri. Maybe there will even be cool ways to wash your clothes, giving Rosie a day off.
- I hope with all those robots around that we don’t lose our desire for human interaction in the future. I imagine it’s no fun to hug a robot. Mr. Rogers always talked about hugging people you love. He was amazing. If I ever have kids [doubtful], we’ll watch his show together. My favorite part was when the picture frame turned into a TV and showed how things were made. I remember the one where they talked about candy canes and how they get their shape & stripes–so cool.
- Candy canes were never my favorite Christmas candy, I always preferred anything with chocolate and peanut butter. My mom’s all time favorite holiday candy is jelly beans–but that’s for Easter. I know she’d love this music video–they use 288,000 beans! Yes, you read that right, watch the making of here.
- Here’s another one of my recent favorite music videos. And in other music news, CAMP has been playing nonstop in my apartment. It’s great, listen, buy it next week, get this merit badge. I want that merit badge.
- I went to summer camp a lot but haven’t gone real camping, like in a tent, too many times. Maybe next spring/summer I can plan a trip. Am I the only one who has a fear that bugs would crawl into my sleeping bag? How gross would it be to wake up with a huge daddy long leg on you? I can handle them at a distance but not touching me. This guy can’t handle them at all, it’s hilarious.
- On my camping trip, I’ll definitely have s’mores. I’ve been kind of obsessed lately (see here & here). I don’t think I can wait until a camping trip to try my hand at this new s’mores recipe. How about a girls’ night instead? Yes please! Em, Clare, Sarah, Mel, and Other Sar: I’m gonna need you to come to Texas so we can have a sleepover, make these drinks, and paint our nails. I’ve been dying to try this outer space look on my fingers & toes. Also I miss all of you too much!